Environmental tax reform will improve Washington’s economy and reduce Washington’s carbon pollution. It is a win/win for those of us who want to help spur economic growth and improve air quality by reducing pollution.
Environmental tax reform would:
- Improve air quality and reduce airborne toxins
- Help slow ocean acidity and sea level rise
- Reduce the state sales tax by a full percentage point
- Fund the Working Families Sales Tax Rebate to help working families
- Eliminate the Business and Occupation (B&O) tax for manufacturers
- Pay for these tax reductions with a carbon tax of $25 per ton of CO2
Our goal is to bring environmental tax reform to Washington State, but we can’t do it without your help. Please join us!
To find out more about our draft proposal, please go to our Policy page.